Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ducks

Olivia loves ducks. Elmo's ducks are her favorite. There is the cutest video on sesamestreet.org with Elmo and his ducks singing and quacking and she could watch it a million times in a row. So lately we've noticed that when she sees one of her rubber duckies or any other type of duck toy or decoration (my mom has some wooden ducks on her kitchen wall) she will point and say DUH. SO since it is raining and 48 degrees I decided we should go feed some real ducks, LOLOL. I didn't realize it was raining until I backed out of the garage, I only had 30 mins til naptime and we HAD to get outta the house for a little bit b/c she was DONE with her toys, her shows, etc... So I figured we could just feed the ducks from inside the car. Which we did. I pulled up to the lake and there were several ducks hanging out inside and outside the water and when I opened my door they all started quacking like crazy and running toward me. It was kinda scary so I jumped back in the car. I was only getting out to unbuckle Olivia and put her in the front seat with me so I just did that from inside the car and then rolled my window down and she stood on my leg and hung out the window with her raincoat on and watched all the ducks. I was only planning on using about 3 pieces of bread but it seemed like ducks kept coming. They were endless. I decided I should take a picture. Ducks don't like being photographed. Every time I took a picture they would turn and run back to the water. It was so weird. But then if I put the camera down and threw out more bread they would all come running back. Olivia loved it and I'm sure feeding the ducks is going to be one of her favorite new activities.




No comments:

Post a Comment