Sunday, January 9, 2011

Camping with the Jewetts

Sorry so long between blogs! A shout out to Alisha for hounding me about it :) Snowy days like this are perfect for snuggling up in my blanket to blog while Olivia plays, colors and watches Eloise movies.

WAY back in mid November we took Olivia on her second camping trip. It was so much fun because the Jewetts and Dulce were there AND Johnnie, Olivia and I slept in Zach's camper! My parents slept in their camper and Jason (my brother's friend) and his family and our friend Dulce slept in their camper. We went to Whitney and stayed right on the river and it was really pretty.

Olivia and her BFF for the weekend, Kaitlyn, looking for good rocks to throw





I love the way Olivia is staring at JJ while I am tying his shoe.


If I didn't know better I'd swear that is my brother walking away from Olivia. Nope, its my daddy. Several times that weekend I had to look twice as my dad walked in the camper or just walked by because he reminded me of Zach so much.


my happy camper :)


laughing with MiMi



our campsites


Jason getting the camper hooked up to leave

Daddy and Johnnie getting ready to leave


Trucker Jewett


Dulce, Stephanie and Trucker


singing one last tune before we left



The Jewett Family


My family


Jewetts plus Dulce

I think the silver bullet looks great behind our truck. That trailer has been in our family for 20 years and means so much. My grandparents pulled it all over the country and it was like a second home to them. When Zach thought they may not be able to use it much longer he told them if they ever wanted to sell it then he wanted to buy it. Soon after that they sold it to him and he took it to Louisiana where he was working and stayed in it. He absolutely LOVED it. I remember him telling me how much he loved having it and how he loved all the stuff that my grandparents left in it for him - like dishes and silverware and all sorts of necessities. The other guys he worked with were all jealous of his cozy trailer and they all wanted to borrow the stuff he had in it. I remember him saying that he let a guy come in and use his bathroom and the guy couldn't believe how roomy the bathroom was and he started opening all the cabinets and asked Zach, "Who's Mary and Harold?" Zach was like, "They're my grandmother and paw paw, this was their trailer." My grandmother kept some of their toiletries in 2 empty shoe boxes she kept in one of the bathroom cabinets. One had her name and one had paw paws. Zach liked them and left them in there and they are still there. After Zach's accident his work sent a guy up to Louisiana to tow his trailer home and it sat behind his house until a few months ago when it was SOLD, not given, but SOLD back to my family. Unbelievable, I know. Can you imagine what Zach would say if he could comment on that? Anyway, we are glad to have the trailer back in the family and we look forward to using it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment