Monday, January 10, 2011

Mr. Willy

At the beginning of December Pottery Barn Kids in Dallas had a little holiday activity for kids that I wanted to take Olivia to. They had a children's entertainer, Mr. Willy, that sang some Christmas songs and had some puppets. My mom and I and Olivia went and Olivia was not impressed with Mr. Willy. All the other kids were laughing and singing along and clapping and smiling and Olivia was looking at them like, "WHAT is so funny?" She wouldn't even sit. She squatted most of the time and stood up part of the time. I told my mom she wanted to be ready in case of a fire or if someone came in with a gun. She wouldn't have to scramble to her feet, she was already on them. Which reminded me of a funny story my brother once told. I'm thinking this happened when he was around 13 or 14 but of course he didn't tell my parents until he was about 20. He had been hanging around our uncle Donnie's shop in Mansfield all day. Donnie is a diesel mechanic and Zach loved helping him and learning from him at his shop. So when it was time to quit working Zach got in Donnie's car with him and they went to a nearby bar. Before they got out of the car Zach started rolling up his window and also locked the door. Donnie asked him, "What are you doing boy? Roll that window back down and unlock that door!" Zach asked why and Donnie told him you never know when your gonna have to leave in a hurry and you may not even have time to unlock the door, must less OPEN the door LOL! At that point Zach said he was wondering what he was getting himself into and sure enough he said he ended up driving Donnie home that night. My parents would've freaked out if Zach told them what happened back then. But years later when he told us we all laughed about it and now I know where Olivia gets it. She definitely had her guard up that day and was ready if she needed to run out of there.

watching her back


here is one of the few times I caught her looking at Mr. Willy


here she is looking over at my mom


after a while she just stood


Mr. Willy acting like a monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment