Saturday, September 12, 2009

Lindsay's singin pics

Lindsay started singing at different places that had open mike nights back when I was pregnant. It was always late and usually somewhere smoky so since I was pregnant I never went. My brother and my mom ALWAYS went though and reported back to me how good she did and how much fun they all had. It was always during the week and they both had to get up very early for work the next morning but they wanted to be there for her and they always had so much fun. After Olivia was born, the first time we went and saw her sing was at Fresco's in Burleson on Labor Day weekend. Another band was playing there and let her sing during their break. It was really nice b/c it was out on the patio and it wasn't smoky or late so we could bring Olivia. Lindsay did a great job and we all had fun. I specifically remember how surprised I was at how thoughtful Zach was toward Olivia. He noticed that someone at our table was fixing to smoke so he got up and asked me to get up and I followed him and he just wanted to let me know that they were fixing to smoke if I wanted to pick up Olivia and walk around with her until they were done. I thought that was very sweet of him to even notice something like that. Ok, so that wasn't the point of this post but just something I thought of. ANYWAY - after Zach's accident Lindsay wanted to keep going to open mike nights b/c she knew it was what he would want her to do. Johnnie was AWESOME and would stay home with Olivia while I went and watched her sing. On Monday nights at Turkey Creek in Alvarado, every other Tuesday night at Overtime in Burleson, every other Wednesday night either at Caddo Street Grille in Cleburne or at Happy Armadillo in Everman. Then on Thursday nights she would sometimes either open up for a band or sing on their break. The bands she was opening up for were the Amos Moses Band and the Double R Band. Then the Matt Kimbrow Band asked her to open up for them at Overtime in Burleson on a Thursday night and she did so great that the owner asked her to come back and open the following Saturday night for Kimberly Kelly. Those were really fun nights and since then she has opened up for Matt Kimbrow at On the Border in Burleson and at Filthy McNasty's in the Fort Worth Stockyards. Lately she has chilled out a little and is doing a lot of writing and not a lot of singing out at places but she plans to get back into it. It is a nice break for me too since I have never been a big "night owl." I really wanted to be there to support her though and had a lot of fun. Johnnie called me Miss Honky Tonk for a while there, LOL! He really was a great sport about taking care of Olivia and I am so thankful I have the best husband ever. The week Lindsay opened for Matt Kimbrow at Overtime we were up there for open mike night and on the way to the bathroom I saw this poster and had to take a pic!
So they spelled her name wrong but whatev, it was just really cool to see it on there. Here are a few pics of her from that night.

And here are a couple of pics from the following Saturday when she opened for Kimberly Kelly.

Thanks to all of my friends and family who have come out to support her! I'll let everyone know when and where she is singing.

1 comment:

  1. I love the sign, even though they spelled her name wrong.

    ReplyDelete