Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

We went to our third and final pumpkin patch on Halloween Day. Yes I got enough pics of Olivia at the others BUT Lara and I wanted pics of Hayden and Olivia together at a pumpkin patch in their costumes. Olivia was a ladybug and Hayden was a bumble bee. Well, sometimes what you want and what you get are two different things. We were supposed to meet there at 11 and so at 11 Johnnie and I and Olivia got there and went ahead and got out and started taking pics. We were at Hall's Pumpkin Patch in Grapevine and it was nice but there was no shade. The temperature outside was nice but in the direct sun we were getting HOT. I was wearing a black long sleeved shirt and I could tell Olivia was hot in her costume. So by the time Chris, Lara and Hayden got there we had been there for 30 mins and Olivia was DONE. She threw the biggest fits every time we tried to set her down for a picture, she was hot, and she needed her diaper changed. So I went to the car and changed her diaper and took off her costume and changed her clothes. She screamed all the way to the car and the whole time I was changing her diaper and trying to put on her clothes. Fun. Then we went back over to see if she would be up for any more pics. Chris and Lara took those pics so I'll post them later. Here is Olivia before her fits :)










After we left the pumpkin patch we went to Southlake and ate at Cheesecake Factory. Olivia has a new carseat and is no longer in her carrier so it was her first time to sit in a highchair in a restaurant. After the morning we had we were worried about how that was going to go but it went well. She took her bottle, ate a bunch of puffs and a jar of baby food so she didn't have a chance to cry because we were stuffing her with food. Hayden slept in her carrier while we ate so both girls let us have a nice lunch and then we went shopping. Then we headed home and had lots of visitors that wanted to see Olivia in her costume. First, Lauren and her mom, Marilyn came, then Alisha and Natalie, then my parents. When Johnnie went to open the door for my parents he looked back at me with this disgusted look on his face and said, "Come look at your mom." So I go to the door and she is standing there wearing a Kermit the Frog head. She made me a Kermit costume when I was little and she still has it. When a little kid wears it their whole face is framed by Kermit's mouth, but when an adult wears it you can only see their mouth. Olivia didn't know what to think but it was really funny.






We didn't have very many trick or treaters but all that matters is that our favorite trick or treaters, Trey and Alexis came by. Tommy brought them over, along with one of Alexis' friends and they had fun playing with King and Kitty and Olivia. I hadn't seen the kids since they came to see Olivia when she was just a week old and they are so grown up! I only got one blurry picture so it'll have to do.

1 comment: