Tuesday, April 6, 2010

we got bit...

by the yucky stomach bug that has been going around! thank goodness we were fine all weekend because we went to Sophia's birthday party on Saturday and then to Grandmother's house for Easter on Sunday. We were still all fine on Sunday night and I put Olivia to bed and we went to sleep. I did hear Olivia cough once in the night but didn't think much of it. Turns out she threw up all night in her bed because when I went to get her up on Monday morning she threw up in my hand on the way out of her room and then again once we got to my bathroom. Poor girl! She has never been sick before! She was pale as a ghost and her lips looked blue so I called the doctor and they said to bring her in at 11:10. She threw up a few more times before we left and then I bathed her and got her dressed and we went to the doctor. He said it was a stomach virus and to continue giving her frequent sips of clear liquids. He said the throwing up should just be a couple of days but if she also gets diarrhea it could last up to 10 days - yikes! he wrote her a prescription for something to help with her nausea and we left. By this time, I had started feeling nauseated as well and I ended up throwing up in a towel while driving home. I puked my guts out the rest of the day and Olivia never got sick again. We layed around and took 2 naps together on the couch. Johnnie came home from work early to help out and said that he had diarrhea all morning - great. Olivia also had diarrhea but she never threw up again and I didn't either once Johnnie was home. We all went to bed at 7:30 last night and felt much better this morning. I think all the sleep we got helped a lot. Olivia did wake up with a yucky diaper and she definitely doesn't have her usual energy. She was content laying with me in the recliner watching cartoons for over an hour which she would usually not be ok with. Then she played with toys for 30 mins and now she is napping, its been almost 2 hours so thats nice.

We have been having SO much fun with Olivia lately and have had a lot going on so I haven't made time to blog. I will definitely try to get caught up this week because I have so much to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment