Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Strep Throat and Random pics

So I have strep throat, UGH! I'm so bummed. We had a fun-filled weekend planned full of slumber parties, pumpkin patches, and birthday parties and now what? I guess I just lay here and get better. It started at 3am when I woke up with a terribly sore throat. I told Johnnie I didn't feel good and then I couldn't go back to sleep. I tossed and turned and wondered if I had strep or the flu or the swine flu or what. At 7:30 Johnnie called my mom and asked if she could come watch Olivia. I left for the doctor at 9 and Johnnie stayed here until my mom got here and then he went to work. The doc said I had fluid behind both ears, the inside of my nose is very irritated and I have a super red throat with puss on my tonsils, YUCK! Hope no one is eating while reading this. Anyway he tested me for strep and it came back positive. He said he was going to give me a shot and it was going to hurt. Then the nurse came in with the shot and told me it was going to hurt. I hate shots when they don't really hurt but everyone was acting like this was the worst shot ever. And boy was it! It was an antibiotic. Bicillin I think. It hurt really bad and still does. Then he prescribed me antibiotic pills, steroid pills, magic mouthwash, and gave me a sample of Nasonex. So I left there, got me some chicken minis, and dropped my perscription off at Costco. When I came home I didn't want Olivia to see or hear me b/c I knew she would want me and cry and that would make me sad. So my mom stayed in the living room and played with her while I slept. I decided it would be best for Olivia to stay the night at my parents house until its been 24 hours after my shot. So I haven't seen her all day except on the monitor when she was taking her nap and I haven't gotten to hold her since last night :( I know she's having a lot of fun with Mimi and Poppy though. Lindsay and Rowdy were supposed to come over tonight for a slumber party. I wanted the dogs to get to play and for us to watch Wedding Crashers (she's never seen it!) and eat pizza. But I guess we'll have to do that another night. And Carolyn and I were going to take Olivia and Sophia to a pumpkin patch today. And we are supposed to go to a birthday party tomorrow afternoon for little Grady & Georgia Saunders. I think Johnnie is going to still take Olivia and I'll just sit this one out. I'm so sad about that. And Sunday we were supposed to go to a pumpkin patch with Chris, Lara, and Hayden. I guess there's always next weekend. So that's been my day. I'm feeling ok right now but missin my honey and my baby. Johnnie is on his way home with Kroger chinese food and I can't wait. Here are some random pics from this month:
Kylie came over after school one day and while I took a shower Olivia slept on her. Too cute!

Olivia loves her Halloween jammies!


At Rachel's 30th Birthday
Bundled up with Daddy
Hangin with Nana
Sleepin with Mama
Olivia, King and Kitty





Carolyn and Sophia came over to play one day and the girls had so much fun!





Mer & Olivia watching Kylie play volleyball. Kylie and the Young Eagles volleyball team had a GREAT season this year!


Some of Olivia's cute faces





Kylie, Olivia, and Johnnie at Fresco's in Burleson

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever find the orange bow? It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the halloween outfits--she is so cute!! Kylie is such a pretty girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete